WHO Namibia Biennial Report 2016 - 2017
The mission of the World Health Organization (WHO) in Namibia is the attainment of the highest possible level of health by all people. It strives to do this by supporting and cooperating with its strategic partners, including the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MoHSS), UN agencies, development partners and other stakeholders. The WHO Country Office (WCO)
provides leadership in five operational areas:
- promoting health through the life course;
- communicable and non-communicable diseases;
- surveillance and disease prevention;
- strengthening health systems; and
- health security and emergencies.
The 2016-2017 Biennial report presents an overview of WHO Namibia's main achievements and challenges and highlights its vision for the next five years.